Sunday 4 September 2011

BACK TO SCHOOL CHALLENGE.

Hello again and thank you for taking the time to join me. Today i have finally finished the pencil box i decided to make for the TOMIC challenge which this week was titled Back To School. I have 2 boys as you  may know my oldest will be starting ks1 and my youngest will be going to pre school just 2 afternoons a week. I love having my children with me. Now i`m not saying its easy all the time as they do fight and sqabble and are very NOISY but they are good boys and i will miss them when they are at school.
Anyway this is the result i have used hopscotch Tilda as i remember playing hopscotch at school.
The papers are from the new Prima collection which i have added white paint to to create a shabby chic look.

I have also added paper flowers again which i have painted along with lace and ribbon and buttons.

A little tag which says school in mini cut out letters.
Here's a closer look at Tilda i tried a technique that i saw on Magnolia Tilda Dt member Zoes blog. Where she used a blue ink pad so that there no black lines i was very unsure of this technique but i loved her finished result so i though i would give it a go and i have to say i am very happy with how it turned out but i think i need more practice and a few more coloured pencils. Also on this picture you can see the metal T charm that i used as the challenge wanted metal to. I love these little charms and of cause the T stands for Tilda.


Thank you for looking today. Challenge i would like to enter. : - TOMIC http://officialmagnoliainspirationchallenge.blogspot.
Hugs Julia.

2 comments:

  1. WOW what a gorgeous creation!! I love the shabby chic look:))
    Thanks for joining TOMIC this week!
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I trully love it! Keep it up with the amazing work hun.
    Thanks for playing along!
    xoxo
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete